Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Matching Card


Here is the card I made to go with my neices frame which you can see in the previous post!
You have to check it out and tell me if they go together (hehehe).
The card is pretty straight forward, the background is stamped with some flowers from Green Thumb by Papertrey Ink using Lavender Lace (SU!) ink. I had tried Versamark but it left no stain on this type of paper.
I stamped the oval from Papertrey Ink's Borders & Corners {Oval} set using the same ink color. Then I used my Provo Craft scallop scissors to cut carefully around the oval. I covered my cutting "oops" with some more home-made prima flowers. Their centers are filled with rhinstones for a little bling!! The sentiment is from Paper Trey (also from PTI, if you didn't guess). I love this simple layout!
I think it matches the frame quite well (easy when you use all the same products, hehe). It was so nice to make something really girly for a change :-). For a supply list, see my previous post.
Thanks for visiting. Remember, I'm watching my counter and have a growing pile of candy here!!!
Donelda

5 comments:

Linda said...

I get to be the first to tell you how beautiful your card is. YIPPEE!! You used one of my favorite colors and your oval is amazing.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Donelda, I love the colours you have used. These are not colours I reach for often, but man do they look good like that!

Chris (catt871) said...

Beautiful!!! How was your holiday?? Hope you had fun!!!!
Chris

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Love the card and frame. They are beautiful.

If you ever want to play along with the loonie club feel free to use a close color match and then leave us all a link in a comment :)

AmethystCat said...

love the card! so pretty!