Saturday, July 26, 2008

Loonie Stampers Challenge #3

A fellow Canadian blogger and Papertrey Ink addict got together with a few friends and decided to have what they call "Loonie Stampers Challenges". One of them choose colors from Papertrey Ink and they all come up with a card! What fun! Well, I don't actually own any

Papertrey Ink paper (YET!!) but Jewels said I could find close matching paper and play anyway! Well, I was all over it today because the designer paper sitting out on my desk this morning totally matched the colors of the challenge!! I had to play!




The colors that Jewels picked were Kraft, Lavender Moon, Vintage Cream, and Summer Sunrise. I think I might have exploded trying to use that Summer Sunrise with the Lavender Moon...but the birds on my card were a perfect match!! The colors I used were both Stampin' Up! - Kraft and Almost Amethyst, with the Vintage Cream and Summer Sunrise being in the designer paper.

I am so glad I did the challenge this morning because I have been trying to use my Wedding Day set that Alli Miles (another fellow Canadian) designed for Papertrey Ink. I had just used it a few days ago for a thank you card and I knew I could use that pretty little swirl on this card but when I pulled out the case....that stamp was MISSING!! Yikes, panic!! I looked everywhere, carefully picked through my garbage can (thank goodness there is only paper in there), and got on my hands and knees to search the carpet! Finally, I was able to locate it behind my paper bin! Sheesh!! I have to be more careful!!

So, found it and used it along the bottom purple section of the card. I love this Kraft taffeta ribbon that Stampin' Up sells..it ties so nicely. I've been trying out "bows" more these days. It is still a struggle but I think they are getting better than they used to be.

Supplies: Paper-Kraft, Almost Amethyst (Stampin' Up to replace Lavender Moon and Kraft by Papertrey Ink), Aerial designer paper (Memory Box to replace Vintage Cream and Summer Sunrise by Papertrey Ink), Stamps - Wedding Day (Papertrey Ink), Ink- Versamark, Basic Black (Stampin' Up), Other-scallop scissors (Provo Craft), kraft taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up).

Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

12 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Love your challenges - that's so cool that you guys got together and oh by the way - do love the card too :)

Anonymous said...

Love the card. Wish you'd come visit me and find the small clear butterfly stamp that popped off the block and is still lost. Of course I love that stamp. Indulged by buying some other small butterflies today. Anything more from the design book that you can share? I liked those posts.

Anonymous said...

Love the colours in this, beautiful and elegant.

:) Marcia

Catherine said...

very pretty card

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Donelda! I received a few samples of PTI cardstock through WRAK and it is wonderful paper -- I'll have to invest in some and the ink, too.

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along with us in the challenge. There will be another one August 8th. Hope to see you again!!!

Deanna said...

Wow it is gorgeous! Using that patterned paper is brilliant! Love that you are playing along!

Kimberly Crawford said...

oooohhhh!!! beautiful take on the Loonie challenge!!!! WOW. I love your perspective-everything you create has such an artistic quality that I LOVE!! :)
Thanks for all your sweet comments, it always makes my day!!

AmethystCat said...

lovely, lovely card!

Charlene Austin said...

Donelda----this is beautiful.... I am so glad you played along!!

You MUST try some PTI paper....you will not be sorry. It's wonderful.

Jane said...

You did a great job on this challenge! I always struggle with pastel colors!

Jane
SBS4

Chris (catt871) said...

What a beautiful card!! I love those colours together!!!!
Chris