Thursday, May 1, 2008

Simple Little Blue Things


I love the new Simple Little Things set that I received FREE from Papertrey Ink!! Here is a fun card I made witht he flower-like "thing" in the set! I believe it followed a layout challenge (maybe CPS or Caardvarks???) but that was weeks ago and I never did get it loaded up in time.
The background was randomly stamped with the image using versamark. The same flower-like stamp was inked up in black and stamped on the white squares. Then I added a bit of waterfall Stickles on the small spaces inside the flower. I added this to a piece of sky blue cardstock. I added the black cord as well and then thought it needed a little bit more, so I added three circles from the Polka Dot set from PTI and added a bit of the blue "waterfall" Stickles inside them. I rounded two of the corners and then added this to the card with dimensionals!
I've got to say, I really like monochromatic cards with a splash of black!! It just works for me :-)
All paper and ink: Stampin' Up, Stamps-Simple Little Things, Polka Dot Basics from Papertrey Ink.
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

4 comments:

AmethystCat said...

very elegant and rich looking. stunning card!

Chris (catt871) said...

VEry pretty!! I was 2 sets away from getting the free set...bummer!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

that is just elegant!! what lovely, rich colors! you have such a knack for stamping (can I borrow it sometime? :))

One Creative Life said...

I really love this card!~erica