Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ducky Baby Gift



I've wanted to stamp on material for a long time but I don't own many craft or pigment inks. However, I just bought a package of ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eyes Queue (the Pumpkin Patch group as those are a group of colors I use a lot).



I used them to stamp on this white "onsie" for a friend's baby. Then I made a card to match. When I made the card, I started out making the strip with the ducks on it. Then, I scored above and below the ducks (I don't think you can see it in the photo). Then, in order to get a perfect match, I sponged on both edges of a strip of white cardstock that I matted the row of ducks on. Then, I stamped the letters for BABY in a green, added the word welcome on top and another one of those cute little ducks on the bottom. As you can see, I stamped 3 little ducks on envelope too.

The rest of the gift consisted of a larger onsie with the same ducks stamped on it too, a duck hooded towel, three duck face cloths, and a ducky tub toy! It looked great all packed up in a basket and wrapped up nicely!!

Supplies: Stamps-Trajan Monogram, Limitless Labels (both Papertrey Ink); Paper-Whisper White (Stampin' Up), Yellow (unknown); Ink-Yellow Ocher, Olive Pastel (Color Box); Other-Coluzzle, baby onsie.

Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous gift package. The ducks are adorable.

Kelly L said...

Awww, how darling is that. I bet your basket of coordinating gifts looked terrific, too! I know a few ladies that would be thrilled with a gift like that. I may have to CASE your idea, as our neighbor girl (young lady actually) is expecting a baby boy in August. I may have to keep an eye out for some cute items and a white onesie too. Thanks, Donelda! Your creations are always so inspiring! :) Kelly

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow, how cute. This is something I keep meaning to do too, and I think you are pushing me to give it a crack. Thanks for sharing. It looks so fresh.

Unknown said...

OMG! WHAT A PERFECT GIFT!!

One Creative Life said...

Such a cute gift! Might have to file this one to use myself, Thanks for sharing~Erica