Friday, March 21, 2008

Same Stuff, Different Cards

I made these cards for Jen's awesome Limited Supply Challenge #160!! It is an awesome challenge. Jen challenged us to use "just a few stamps and colors to create very different looks"
The rules were ...we could use a few stamps, the same patterned paper, and some cardstock!! I LOVE this kinda challenge...right up my alley.
I started out making the olive leaf card. I covered most of the card front with that cool polka dot paper from Scenic Route. Then, I stamped the leaf from Stampin' Up's Sketch an Event using Basic Black ink. I colored it in with old olive ink using a watercolor brush. I then used a dauber to sponge Close to Cocoa ink (SU!) around the edges of the main image and the designer paper. Finished it off with the sentiment.
For the second card, I really wanted to make it fun and funky. I only covered 2/3s of the card base with the same designer paper. I also stamped the leaf more horizontal than the other image and used Not Quite Navy (SU!) ink. I colored the leaves in wiht NQN ink using a watercolor brush but then finished it off with some Stickles (Waterfall). I finished off the image and designer paper panel by swiping the cardstock edge on the NQN inkpad!! I then used my watercolor brush to "smudge" some of the ink around the edges. Added the same sentiment and voila, a totally different card using the exact same materials!
Gotta say "thanks" to Jen for such a great challenge!!!!! This was so much fun!!!
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

7 comments:

~Jules~ said...

Great cards!
Happy Easter!

sparkplug17 said...

Love the cards...and the leaves. Have a great Easter!

Carmen said...

Wonderful cards!

Seleise said...

these cards are great and love your creativity with them!

Marcia said...

Hi Donelda, great cards.

Happy Easter!

catt871 said...

Your cards are awesome!! I like that leaf stamp!!!! HAPPY EASTER my friend!!!

Jane said...

Love what you did with these! They would be quick to throw together as a set and make a gift with.

Jane
SBS4