Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Scrapbooking Starting Point with Shimelle - You Rock (Scrapbooking)

I am a huge Shimelle fan (and a Glitter Girl fan too!).  I visit Shimelle's blog often and was excited to see she had a challenge up called Scrapbooking Starting Point.  She started with this basic layout and added her own photos, title, and embellishments.  She wanted us to start at this point in the process, forget what she did and just do our own thing!  Awesome idea!!
 
 
I had to give myself a few days break to actually forget what Shimelle did (or try to forget) so that I wouldn't just copy her overall finished result. 
 
In the end, I scrapped these photos of my son playing his guitar when we were camping.  I chose bright colours for my patterened papers (all BasicGrey)!  The arrow-like stamp ... that is one I created myself! 
 
 
While Shimelle always uses stickers for her title, I decided to go with stamps and used jibber jabber from Alley Way Stamps (stamped with Walnut Stain ink by Ranger).  I also used the ticket stamp from the Miss Caroline set by My Minds Eye (with Fired Brick ink by Ranger).  And see that brown circle with the embellishments - it is actually a postage circle stamp from French Country Postage by gel-a-tins.  I like it alot because it is not a perfect circle but has imperfectios. 
 
 
To finish the layout, I added a few blue heart brads to my 3 embellishment spots as well as a few green brads at the top right and bottom left corners.  I spattered on some Mr. Huey's Dark Calico color mist (that is becomming a favourite of mine!) and drew some brown lines around the edge of the cardstock to finish off the page.
 
 
So, if you are interested in scrapbooking and want some inspiration, you MUST visit Shimelle's blog! (and go see Glitter Girl at 2peas as well!!)
 
Thanks for dropping by.
Donelda

6 comments:

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! Love this scrapbook page. Will definitely go check out the original layout on Shimelle's blog. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey said...

Wow, Donelda, this is an awesome layout and perfect for the subject! I'm so glad you pointed out so many details so I could admire them more closely.

Margot/NZ said...

Lovely page - the bright colours give it such a happy feel.

Unknown said...

what an awesome layout! i love the bright, primary color feel and the stamping trailing off the page. Be sure to link this up at TAWS flikr group and facebook if you're on there. you could win more stamps! ;)

Anonymous said...

Good day! Do yοu use Twitteг? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm
absolutely enϳoying your blog and loοk forward to nеw updates.
Also visit my webpage online Radio

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.