Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Take 3 Challenge - Color Challenge - Take 3

And finally ... here is my Take 3 card using this demask home-made paper and this awesome color combo.


I had spent many nights dreaming of this card ... the colors, the pop of red, the stripes, the demask, the shape.  Gotta love when a card turns out close to what you originally invision!  And this is an example of how you can use partial images/sentiments.  The strawberry actually comes from a house mouse image ... my favourite ... sleeping with strawberries.  I only used one of the berries, obviously.  The sentiments are also from bigger sentiments (both from Mixed Messages).  The "you're" is from the 'you're too kind' and the "Sweet" is from the 'Sweet baby' sentiment. 

That was a FUN Take 3 Challenge.  I might have to do that again.  I know I will be using this colour combo again sometime soon!  Yummy!!

Hope you have a great rest of your week.
Donelda

5 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful card Donelda! your creativity is boundless. i recently bought Damask Designs from PTI...i don't know how i lived without it until now. that strawberry image is perfect with the flowers you've used and the color combo? LOVE IT!

Linda Palmer said...

You do great things with simple stamps. I am loving this one. Again those gorgeous colors and the design is fabulous.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card! That red berry just pops off the screen, it looks so real and so good to eat! Great homemade paper too!

Lindsey said...

I love how you snuck a strawberry into this challenge! It's a great added touch to the papers and the colours.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness...that strawberry looks delectable! Beautifully done!