Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Make It Monday #37 - Layered Mats and Frames

Wanted to play along with this week's Make It Monday challenge #37 - to use layered mats and frames.  Trouble is, I only own 1 Papertrey Ink die (thanks Linda, a great Secret Sister!!).  Regardless, I knew I could be creative!!

I coloured in the small bloom from In Bloom (Papertrey Ink) with a blender pen and Lavendar Moon and Pure Poppy ink.  Cut the frame with Fillable Frames #4 and then the inside with a round spellbinder nestability oval die.  I added some text inside the frame with Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink).  The sentiment is also from the Fillable Frames #4 stamp set (thanks again to a wonderful Secret Sister, Linda!!).  The background is Hero Arts Decrative Woodgrain. 

This was fun, off to link it up and see what everyone else created!!

Donelda

9 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card! I love the scattered embellishments. ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Donelda! This is my favorite fillabel frames shape :)

Linda Palmer said...

I love the frame and what you did with it. I'm glad you know how to use the frame because I don't. I would never have thought of this.

Imke said...

Great take with the challenge, Donelda. Love the wood background and the frame looks perfect !

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful! I love the colors, textures and overall design. Great job!

Karen B. said...

Wow! This card blows me away! I love the details, including the pearls. The flower is so divine and the mat stacking is in perfect scale!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty card and frame. The woodgrain background is striking.

Lindsey said...

Your woodgrain background is perfect -- I was sure it was patterned paper! And that flower! Beautifully coloured. Nice!

Angela said...

Wow! Love this! Wonderful layering and the smattering of pearls is perfect....