Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lighthouse

I got this great lighthouse from Cornish Heritage Farms a number of years ago. I think it might be retired. I love it for making masculine cards. Usually I color it in but I felt like making a quick card so I just stamped it onto some of this yummy BasicGrey Granola paper. No coloring required. then I got to thinking of the background and decided to make my own. I used the compass from Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink) , and the stars and anchor from Out to Sea (Papertrey Ink). There are also some diamonds on there but they are rub ons (not sure what company, I've had them for years!!). The very small birthday sentiment is one piece of the longer sentiment from Around and About (Papertrey Ink). To finish off the card, I added some basic string, did some matting, and popped up the main panel! Another masculine card!!! I hope you have a great week! The last week and a half have been truely crazy around here. My son has started soccer and badminton and that in addition to his guitar lessons we are a bit busy!! I am hoping to squeeze in some crafting time but it is difficult!! Donelda

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Great card, love the earth tones!

Lindsey said...

I like this a lot!

Jessica G. said...

Perfect masculine card! The kraft and string add a rustic touch to this beautiful image and I like the fact that there's no coloring -- truly CAS!