Saturday, April 24, 2010

Clean and Simple (CAS) Challenge - 63 - Sketch - 3 Butterflies

Jen's latest Clean and Simple challenge #63 was a great sketch. Is it not a great one ... you could make hundreds of great cards based on this sketch!!
So you might see those colored in butterflies and think - "that's not very simple" but trust me, it is! You see I did the Jennifer McGuire quick coloring technique of using Copics ... nothing is more simple!!
Colored them in, cut them out, pasted them on and drew their antenna. Then I added the pinking sheer cut black cardstock strip. Finally, I added a strip of red 2-sided tape and dumped a pile of purple glitter on it! a small sentiment and a touch of Dazzling Diamonds on the butterfly wings and a finished card! And about time too!!
Supplied: Stamps - butterfly (Rubber Stampede), Around and About (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Kraft, White, Black (SU!); Ink - Brilliance Jet Black; Other - black marker, pinking sheers (Provo Craft), Dazzling Diamonds (SU!), purple glitter (Ritz), markers (Copic).
Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Thanks for posting that link, Donelda! I'd missed that and will definitely give it a try with my Bic/Sharpies. That's my kind of coloring!

And your cards are lovely! The softness of the apple card is very appealing (pun intended!) and the pretty glittery butterflies make me smile!

Lindsey said...

Love the glitz of this card!

Juanita said...

The butterflies look so complicated, but Ii am off to check that link and see if I could recreate such a beautiful card...