Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yoga Tea Anyone???


My friend has a new job and is moving to Edmonton. For a farewell present, I decided to buy her some of her favorite tea that she buys when we go out for lunch -- Yoga Tea. Since it came in this boring brown paper bag, I obviously HAD to dress it up a bit, right ;-) As well, Sharon, over on her blog No Time To Stamp? has given a challenge to use "hot or cold" in a card. Well, it isn't a card but it uses a "HOT" :-) I hope this counts!! I know with Sharon it is all about having fun so I know it will be fine. Head over and see her card, it is amazing!!!


This little mouse is a stamp I got from my SU! demo, it didn't come with a name but I think it is one of the promotional stamps that demo's get for giving away... I think.


Anyway, I stamped him with black ink, then watercolored him in with Purely Pomegrante and Chocolate Chip classic inks. I also added a bit of black for the shading on the saucer and in the teacup. I matted this onto a piece of Purely Pomegranate cardstock and then onto a large scallop circle (thanks for sharing your Marvy punch Robin !!). I used the individual small polka dot stamp from Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink) to make the dots around the scallops. I added some Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon around the whole bag. Finally, I finished it off by using some letter stamps to spell out "yoga tea" and matted it on a bit of PP cardstock.
I added this little gift to a basket of "tea things" and hope my friend will like them all!
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

5 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, this is just darling!!! I love that little image and your teacup is perfect for this thoughtful gift!!! It is a PERFECT entry for this challenge!!! I am so glad you played -- thanks so much!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

CUTE!!! You are so thoughtful!!! I know your friend will love it!

Tracey said...

I love how you made the plain paper bag look fantastic :0

Kelly L said...

Oh, Donelda, your creations are always beautiful, and you are so thoughtful. I am sure your friend will adore it! Great job! :) Kel

Jocy said...

Really cute and a wonderful gift now!