Friday, June 27, 2008

Teacher Cards

This card was totally inspired and cased from Alli Miles' card that you can see HERE. If you haven't visited Alli's blog, you definately should poke around there for a while. She is an amazing card maker!!

One big difference is that I don't own a great apple stamp like hers so I had to make my apples. To make these apples, I cut a 1 1/4" circle out of So Saffron cardstock. Then I used my scissors to cut a slight dent in the top. I used a sponge dauber to rub on Ruby Red ink leaving some of the yellow showing through for the apple's highlight. The stem and leaves are also hand cut. The letters are stamped with versamark and embossed with white embossing powder!!
To the card, I added some apple soap and an apple shaped note pad for an end of year thank you gift! I hope the teachers liked it!!
Supplies: Cardstock-Kraft, Basic Black, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi (all Stampin' Up!),lined designer paper (unknown); Ink-Ruby Red, Basic Black, Versamark (all Stampin' Up!); Stamps-Trajan Monogram Ed, Limitless Labels (both Papertrey Ink); Other: white embossing powder, sponge dauber.
Thanks for visiting.
Donelda

9 comments:

Kelly L said...

Oh my goodness. I didn't realize at first that you handmade those apples. I thought they were a stamp or cut-out or something. Wow, they look so perfect! Great job. Maybe I can be a teacher for the day to get one of those beautiful cards *wink* :) I am sure they will LOVE them.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

What Kelly said! Wow!

Alli Miles said...

Thank you for the shout out! Your cards turned out fabulous. I am glad I could inspire.

Anonymous said...

Awesome apples! I thought they must be stickers when you first said you did not have an apple stamp...WOW!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOWZERS!! I thought it was DP!!! You amaze me girl!!!! I would have loved to get that card and gift...I"m sure they loved it!!!

Kevin Renz said...

Oh you are so inventive. Its funny what we think of when we don't have the exact supplies we see elsewhere :) Great card!

Susan said...

What a great blog! I can't believe I haven't found you until now. I am going to spend some time poking around your blog today!

AmethystCat said...

super cute idea and great job on the apples. wow - you're amazing!

Lesly said...

Those apples look good enought to eat. WOW!