Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Faux Cloisonne Technique


This is a very interesting technique. I saw it on SCS for the Try a New Technique challenge #159



The technique is called Faux Cloisonne and what you do is stamp a line image onto a piece of magazine with an interesting design. For my flower, I found a silver watch that had pink gems in the band. I strategically placed my inked up flower image. Voila!!



I added the flower onto some light cardstock and then attached it all to this grungeboard leaf die-cut! The color of the grungeboard was perfect so I didn't do anything to it.



Added all this to some pink cardstock matted with black. On some grey cardstock, I randomly stamped the smaller version of the bigger flower. A sentiment and some grey satin ribbon and voila, a card for someone who needs a "pick me up".



All cardstock and ink is Stampin' Up, Stamps are Papertrey Ink, ribbon is from Michael's $1.50 bin.



Thanks for dropping in. Don't forget I am gathering some blog candy............

Donelda

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

thanks for the heads up on the new technique! Love your grad card too!

mnhyrkas said...

nakked grungeboard! Looks good- great technique, thanks for sharing it on this adorable card

Anonymous said...

What a fun technique, Donelda! And that ribbon is gorgeous, too.

Chris (catt871) said...

Very cool!! I've been meaning to try that one too!!! I'm getting hungry for some CANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

This turned out beautiful! Did you crinkle the magazine a little first?

Donelda said...

Terri, I did not crinkle the paper first.

Chris -- glad to hear you are hungry.... not too many people read my blog so you will have good odds to win the candy....:-)

AmethystCat said...

what a neat idea. love the card. and, blog candy is coming? how fun!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow!