Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bird Gift Set

I made this card set a while ago. If you saw the butterfly set I made for my son's teacher, this was a set that I made first and before that butterfly set!


Stamped a few individual stamps from Papertrey Ink sets in a very organized way (not random like usual). Then I stamped the branch from Take A Bough also from Papertrey Ink.


Then I drew this awesome bird and a wing for him and cut it out of lightweight cardboard. I traced it onto four different colors of cardstock. I cut out the birds and wings and adheared them to sit on each branch. I popped up the wing slightly by attaching a few layers of cardstock under them. Finished the card set off by adding four differnt sentiments. I think this will make a great gift set for someone.


Supplies: Paper-Orchid Opulance, Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White (all SU!); Stamps-Text Boxed, Borders &Corners{can't remember which one}, Take a Bough, Faux Ribbon (all Papertrey Ink); Acccessories - none other than scissors and adhesives :-).

I should add that I was awarded with this from my Papertrey Ink pal, Erica. Isn't she just the sweetest!! It is an Arte y Pico award which means Art and More. Thanks Erica, I am honoured.

Thanks for visiting. Donelda

3 comments:

Joy Jenkins said...

Congrats on your award!! you deserve it. Very nice gift set - someone's going to be lucky.
Re: your Qs - OMG, I have to use the stamp-a-ma-jig- my eyeballing is not so good. Yes, thay ribbon is SU. it's fairy tale from the ribbon originals collections.

Deb said...

such a gorgeous set of cards, they make a fabulous gift!

scrappernic said...

Fun cards! I love the whole sete. I'm impressed you drew the bird--I can't draw to save my life--LOL!