Sunday, April 20, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #44

Beate always has a great layout for her weekend sketch challenges. It is always fun to play!

This challenge was a great blocked layout. I started out making this butterfly embellishment by cutting it out of light cardstock and then stamping the retired French Script background from Stampin' Up in Chocolate Chip. I sponged the edges to give it a soft feel. Then I made a mini version without the script.


The paper is the yummy Two Scoops paper by Basic Grey. The swirl and very berry sundae sheets were used but this whole pack is absolutely yummy and aptly named!!


By this time, I had decided that the card would be for my parents. They have had a really hard last few years so I thought they could use a little surprise in the mail. I wanted to use a sentiment that said how much I loved them but it had to match the elegance of the script and swirls. I started out with a sentiment from Faux Ribbon by Papertrey Ink but it wasn't the right font. So, I used part of it (Love You) and then added the work Always from Happy Harmony, a Sale-a-bration set from Stampin' Up. Using my new Stamp-a-ma-jig made it a possibility!! It has taken me forever to actually buy one but now I couldn't stamp without it.


Finished off the card with some bling - a small swarovski crystal bead - those things really shine in real life! The card is filled with pictures from our Mexico trip with lots of their grandson. That will definatly make them happy!


Thanks for visiting. Donelda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all the block style cards I've seen lately, this one is the best. I like the subtle colors and the marvy butterflies. I'm sure your parents will treasure it.

Unknown said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL DONELDA,THOSE BUTTERFLIES ARE STUNNING!YOU MAKE THE BEST CARDS.

Anonymous said...

So soft and elegant! The Two Scoops paper is definitely some of my favorite, and the Stamp-a-ma-jig ranks up there as a favorite tool as well. Beautiful card for a wonderful reason!

Kristine said...

This is soo pretty! Oh my gosh, I know!! Don'tcha just LOOOVE the stampamajig??!! I didn't realize how it worked and that it was a real necessity until I bought the "All in the Family" set, but now I use it a lot! :D Great card!

Anonymous said...

Donelda, this is sooo beautiful! Your parents will love it!
Hugs and smiles