Saturday, January 18, 2014

CJS 2014 - Journal Cover (art journal)

Hello!
 
Today I am uploading a picture of this journal cover I just finished.  I took advantage of a video tutorial from Creative Jump Start 2014.  The label is created using the Joint Compound idea from Dina Wakely ... that was a ton of fun!!  And I used joint compound on the whole book cover, then stamped it with a harlequin image.  Then I went to town with my Twinkling H2Os by Luminarte and a few acrylic paints.  The H2Os give it a great sparkle in real life that do not show up in this picture. 
 
Twinkling H2Os are one of my favourite products!   And there is a give away ... so I am totally crossing my fingers!!!
 
 
 
I used some grungeboard "hinges" (Ranger) that I painted dark brown and then covered with some rock candy crackle paint (Ranger).  The clock face and key hole images are from smARTworks (who I see are now closed).  You might also note a neat little addition ... snaps ... the ones you use to keep skirts closed. 
 
Well, off to play more in my art journal!
 
Donelda

4 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Great job! Love your cover.

Sandy said...

Beautiful - absolutely gorgeous! I want to copy this so badly I could spit. Do you think I love your cover - YES I do!!!!
Sandy

Jessica Postema said...

I love your book cover. So nice, the way you made it.

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Looks great, love what you did with this book cover and Dina's technique.