Friday, January 3, 2014

All is Calm (Journal Page)

Hi!
 
Mixed Media Place has a challenge running where they want us to use the emotion "calm" and create with it.  The first thing I thought of is sitting in my living room early in the morning with all of the Christmas lights glowing softly.  It is so calm and soothing. 
 
So, here is the page that came from that feeling. Painted the background.  Stamped woodgrain image using darker paint.  Added wood panels (walls) with a home-made stencil and coloured modeling paste.  added more dark colours to the bottom corner then painted my tree branches.  Added "light bulbs" to the branches with their soft glow. 
 
 
Here is a close up of the glittery lights.

 
I added some journaling with a white gel pen to the bottom right page after taking the photos.
 
Off to create another page. 
Donelda 

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

It is beautiful work Donelda. I love your journal and the fact that you are crafting again.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Spectacular! Love the color scheme and the woody feel! Thank you for joining the MMP challenge!

Tusia Lech said...

What a great Christmas atmosphere!!! I feel as if for a moment I would back in time, to December! Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media Place.