Friday, August 12, 2011

Play Date Cafe 394 challenge - Ahoy Matey

(Note - this is my 2nd post for the day.  I also participated in the Colour Q challenge ... scroll down to see that post as well!)

Another great color combo found here on the Play Date Cafe challenge #94!  I just couldn't resist.










The colors just looked like nautical-like when I had them all laid out on my craft desk.  So I pulled out my Out to Sea stamp set (Papertrey Ink) and got to creating! 
I ended up with these little mini cards.  I create them to leave little notes on my co-worker's desks, for birthdays, when they are sick, etc.  I am very low on the masculine variety so these will come in handy!

I hope you like!  Don't those oars look cool with the woodgrain stamped over top.  Buying that Designer Woodgrain background stamp (Hero Arts) was such a good investment!!

Well, thanks for dropping by.  Off to see what others did with these colors ....

Donelda

8 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Love the woodgrain paddles. Great cards for men. Love your design.

Angela said...

Wow, great man cards! I agree, that woodgrain is fabulous....

Lindsey said...

Yes, the oars look totally cool! These are great little cards, Donelda. I've been eyeing those colours, too!

Imke said...

Donelda, perfect card for a man ! I also like the wooden paddles.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh the paddles look fabulous! Fun cards :)

Denise said...

I just love it when things are both cute and clever. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week - your card is fab!

Jinny Newlin said...

So fun! And such a perfect take on the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

What fun use of our colours this week, really creative! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!