Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Watercolored Daffodils

This image has been stamped and sitting in my "to use" bin for a while.  I had gotten some yellow ink outside the flowers as I was watercoloring a different image.  I knew I'd still be able to use the image in some way.  I decided to paint the daffodils in yellow (twinkling H2Os) and add a smidgen of orange to the inside portions of the petals.  Then I added more of the yellow around the daffodils so the original yellow outside the lines looked like it was on purpose ... LOL!  There are no mistakes in art ... right??!!  Then, I carefully added some blue ink around the yellow to create the effect of the sky with the yellow daffodils being so brilliant in the bright blue sky.  The effect in real life is pretty good. 

The rest of the card is pretty straight forward!  See the visual triangle I created with the ribbon.  I adhered just a small fold of it under the main image panel. 

A bit about this image.  It comes from Impression Obsession.  I recieved it from Dina (from Mama Dini's Stamperia) who had heard that I was looking for a good daffodil stamp as they are my favorite flower.    Wasn't that just the sweetest thing!! 

I believe that crafty folks are some of the nicest people in the world :-)

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great day!
Donelda

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

I love, love, love your daffodils. Guess what? They are my favorite flower too. Love how you deliberately colored outside the lines. Beautiful CARD!

Juanita said...

What a beautiful save on the painting. I am glad you did not trash the whole thing, because I think it has turned out just amazing.

Lindsey said...

Very pretty! And I'm with you... crafting people are so thoughtful!