Friday, December 10, 2010

Good Luck Trees and Circles

When making cards, I try to create a few cards for a specific occasion so I have a few on hand.  A few days ago, I had shown you a farwell card.  When I made it, I had also made this card. It is a more masculine good bye card. 

This card started out with that small circle.  It is actually a left over piece of copper embossing that I had used for an old project.  I had created a circle of copper embossing punched out a 1&1/4" circle, then realized I needed a 1" circle.  The left over was this great copper circle with some crackles in it.  I couldn't bare to throw it away!! 

I found a farewell sentiment that would fit inside the circle (from Mixed Messages, Papertrey - a must have set!) and started pulling the card together. 

I kept the card masculine and rustic.  Lots of sweing and sponging.  Trees always work for guy cards (Tree Cluster small from Stampscapes). 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!  I can't wait for today to be over and to enjoy my leisurely weekend! 

Donelda

2 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Absolutely perfect masculine card. Love it.

Imke said...

Donelda, this is a perfect masculine card. I like the earth tones and the stiching. Love it !!