Monday, June 22, 2009

CAS20 - Paper Piecing

This is the card I made for the CAS20 challenge over at SCS. It is to use paper piecing on your card.
I actually made 2 - one without ribbon and one with. I can't decide which I like better. I like the plain one for it's simplicity...but the ribbon seems to balance the whole card. Opinions always welcome!! The flower center is gold microbeads. It doesn't really show up very well in these terrible pictures (it is rainy and grey out today) but it gives the card a nice bit of pizzazz in real life.
Supplies: Stamps-Flower Garden (Papertrey Ink); Ink-Chocolate Chip (SU!); Paper- Select White, Sweet Blush Bitty Dots (Papertrey Ink); Other-Sweet Blush twill (Papertrey Ink) 1/8" hole punch, gold microbeads.
Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

They are both great, but I prefer the one without the ribbon--cause I'm just simple that way, LOL! It's great just the way it is, but if you're worried about balance, trim the leading edge a bit so the image is more centered. Voila. But really, I'd leave it as is because it's beautiful!

Juanita said...

Wow. two wonderful cards. The ribbon is a fantastic touch, I know it is hard to leave a crd well enough alone sometimes.

Jessica G. said...

Perfect example of CAS paper piecing!