Wednesday, October 29, 2008

smARTworks Teaparty #5

Yup, another teaparty from smARTworks! Today's challenge #5 was issued by Trish and was to use this awesome picture for inspiration. Wow, there were so many elements in there that it was hard to focus on only one. In fact, I took my inspiration from 3 things. First, see that awesome picture on the wall .... inspiraiton. Next, see the square pillow on the chair....inspiration. Finally, see the blue wall....inspiration! Had to incorporate them all into my card!
Here is my final creation! The card is square 41/4" x 41/4" (like that pillow). See the black fillagree in the middle (like the picture) with a frame too. That is my favorite part! Finally, I had to use some Soft Sky on the card (like the color of the wall). I love that black paper, it has some crinkles in the paper which gives it some awesome texture. I chose to stitch around the black paper with my sewing machine adding even more texture. I added the sentiment "wishes" with white embossing powder. Finally, I used dimensionals to add it all to the Soft Sky card base.
You have to go and see what the other design team members have created:
Now it is your turn!! You can join the tea party by making your card based on the inspiraiton piece and then leave a link in a comment on any design team member's blog!! Go have some fun!!
Supplies: Stamps-DD 08 Patterns; Butterfly Wishes; Paper-Soft Sky (Stampin' Up!), Black (unknown); Ink - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Versamark; Other - sewing machine, thread, white embossing powder, dimensionals.
Thanks for dropping in this evening.
Donelda

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this a lot - so classy and elegant.

Giovana said...

Great piece of inspiration Donelda.
Your card is really pretty.
God bless
Giovana

Trish D said...

Very elegant card - I love the textured black paper and the stitching!

Susan T. said...

I don't think I even noticed the frame, but I like the inspriation it gave to you!