Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lauren's Sketch Challenge #2

I find I use the same colors over and over and over. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I think I need to try using other colors once in a while! So, I pulled out my darker "regal" colors and pulled together this card.
I followed Lauren's Sketch Challenge #2. Obviously, that was a long time ago!! I never get cards uploaded at the right time! Sheesh!!
I really like the side stip. I made it by stamping that awesome flower from the Green Thumb stamp set over and over with Bravo Burgandy ink to get varied colors. For anyone who is new this is called stamping off and you get some great depth by using it! Then I added some leaves with Always Artichoke, again, stamping off to get a variety of colors and depth. I cut around the leaves and flowers leaving just a little bit of the white cardstock showing.
Next, I made the circle. Originally, I was going to put the sentiment in there but I changed my mind (every girls right!!) and chose to simple use it as an embellishment of sorts. Followed the same process as the side strip. I love it, my fav part of this card. Finally, I finished off by making the main panel where I ended up putting my sentiment. Added more dots for the border to repeate the dots above and also some more of the flowers in the corner.
Now, this card is very busy...but I think I might just like it!! I sent it off to a wonderful stamping friend of mine for her birthday (hi Chris!!).
Thanks for dropping in! And thanks to those who continue to leave comments -- they make me smile :-) and are really appreciated.
Donelda

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Gorgeous... this card alone makes me want that set for this flower! You mixed the colors perfect!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OMW! Oick me up off the floor please! I LOVE how you used that set. Stunning :D BTW its never too late to play with the challenges! The goal is to get you stamping, and you did, so yeah!!

Susan Raihala said...

I would never in a million years have picked this color combo for this set, which is just a sign of how color-stupid I can be. It's absolutely perfect for it, and your design is absolutely inspired. Love the dotted lines and circle as accents with those particular flowers, especially!