Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Magic Card... TA DA!!

I had been wanting to make one of these cards for a long time but they looked so "tricky" that I kept putting them off. Well, they are tricky, but lots of fun too! It is the first card that made my husband actually look at me and said "How did you do that!" which I took as a compliment!! I have actually made two different cards. I thought that maybe if I made a second card it wouldn't be as hard as the first.... I was wrong! The first one I did on my own following this GREAT tutorial from SCS. The second one, I did with my demo, which was more fun because it is always more fun stamping with friends!! Here is my first magic card:

It was made using an ivory back and pumpkin pie front. The stamps I used included a butterfly from All Nihgt Media, Everyday Flexible Phrases, and French Flair background. I also used StazOn black ink and Pumpkin Pie ink, ginham ribbon, a black eyelet, and my trusty Coluzzle. The image was colored in using a watercolor brush and my ink pads (Summer Sun, Only Orange, and Pumpkin Pie). I realize it is difficult to get a good image of the coloring but it is there!

Here is my second magic card: It was made with a Bashful Blue back and Night of Navy front. I used the French Flair background again and the Hey! is from Amazing to Zany, however the mouse image is a discontinued stamp set from SU thatI borrowed from my demo so I don't have the name. I'll look for it and edit this post when I find it. The ribbon I used on this card actually came from our Christmas Crackers from last Christmas -- I hoard everything!! This image was colored using my Prismacolor pencil crayons and Odorless Thinner by Grumbacher (I got it at Michael's and is the same type of product as Gamsol). The technique is Gamsol Magic, and for those of you who haven't tried that technique, you should check it out!! It is one of my favorite ways of coloring images!! Well, I hope you enjoy this project! If you give these amazing cards a try, let me know. Tell me if you found them difficult or easy! and let me see them by leaving your scs gallery name or blog name!! Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: