Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Masculine Globe Birthday

A friend of mine requested a card for her brother.  She was rather specific about what she wanted.  You see, her brother is a geographer, collects globes, and travels the world.  She wanted something that would "go with all that". 

So, being without any specific globe stamps I turned to clip art.  I found this one that I thought I could use.  Printed it off and then watercolored it.  It was tricky as I could not color the printer ink.  Next, I sponged some Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger) around the edges.  I then stitched around the panel with my sewing machine and then added the sentiment with brass brads. 

I really like the end result ... and she did too!  I'm so glad.  I am often very worried that others will not like what I create for them. 

Well, thanks for visiting.
Donelda

5 comments:

KER said...

i love using clip art...it's digital stamping right?...and this card looks perfect for what your friend requested...a wonderful masculine card

Linda Palmer said...

I love this card. It would be a perfect card for my son. I think I need to check out some of my card programs or clipart. Great job and great idea.

Imke said...

Super great masculine card, Donelda. I love your sponging !!

Lindsey said...

The sponging really highlights your main image. Great card!

Juanita said...

This is amazing!