Friday, October 29, 2010

Using Scraps 7 - Hello You Deer

So I created a second card based on Kim Kesti's sketch shown on page 22 of the Sept/Oct issue of Paper Crafts magazine.  And continued to use up pieces of scrap.    This time I used one of my new stamps from American Crafts.  Isn't that deer the sweetest!!   and this time I did make the card square (yesterday's card used the same sketch but it was a typcial A2 size).  
See that light brown circle, it is cardstock that has woodgrain already embossed into it.  However, the store where I bought it did not have the manufacturer identified so I just know that it is super cool!! 

Well, there you have it!  7 cards all using nothing but scraps and all inspired by the September/October Paper Crafts magazine.  taht was lots of fun!!  I'll have to try it again soon!

Have a great weekend!
Donelda

6 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Awesome use of your scraps, Donelda! This is such a sweet card, but would be perfect for a guy, too. Love the woodgrain panel!!

Imke said...

Beautiful Card, Donelda. I like the stiching round the circle.

Juanita said...

Great job, I have been looking for that American Crafts stamp set, I think I could make great use of it. But, alas,I live in a small city with limited shopping options {yes, I am aware that I can shop on-line, but I have a self imposed budget to work within}
I really like the monochromatic scheme. I sure helps to tie it all together.
AND, your scrap cards NEVER look like scrap cards. I always feel mine have a bit of a mismatched quality to them.

Jess said...

Cute as! Love the little deer. And that woodgrain textured paper is great!

:)

Good on you for going so long on scraps, that's fantastic!

Donna said...

What a sweet little card! I think I'm going to crown you the Queen of Scraps. Does your pile actually go down when you use scraps. I swear, when I use a scrap, I only end up making two more scraps. They are multiplying exponentially!!

Angela said...

Great "scrappy" card! That deer is indeed cute....