Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Creative Jump Start 2014 - Fly Away (Art Journal Page)

 
Hello.
 
Here is another page I made using a Creative Jump Start 2014 video for inspiration.  This time, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer was encouraging us to use household items with gelli prints.  Well, I don't have a gelli plate nor the typical deli paper ... but I improvised.  The resulting paper I used to cut out these feathers and added them to a background. 
 
 
The background was made with Gelatos (Faber Castell), acrylic paints, rub-ons (Basic Grey), and spray (home-made). 
 
Tons of texture on those feathers because the paint I used to "gelli print" started to come off (had to put gel medium all over the top to keep the paint from flaking off) my faux deli paper!  LOL!  and then when I adhered it to the page with my Golden Gel Medium, it went all bumpy .. but I love the results!  Items found around my house used to create the "faux gelli print" included a paper tube, plastic fork, and a meat tenderizer rolling pin.  I also did some stamping on the "faux gelli print" with the paper tube and a text stamp. 

 
Having fun with CJS 2014 and it is definitely feeding my creative juices!
Donelda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the way your 'faux' gelli prints turned out! This is beautiful.