Friday, December 27, 2013

Promise Me... (Journal Page)

 
Today's journal page features a Stampotique image.  I decided to play along with the Stampotique Designer's Challenge #128 - Anything Goes.  It is always easy to play along with such easy challenges. 
 
My page started out being totally covered by gloss varnish.  I wanted to see if having such a smooth surface would allow paint to move across it in an interesting way.  Turned out fun but not quite how I had imagined. 
 
I used black, white, and turquoise acrylic homemade sprays.  Then I added some red accents. I love this cute image available at Stampotique. 
 
 
 
Here is a close up of the awesome layers of paint on the background.
 
 
Off to create another art journal page.
Donelda
 

3 comments:

Imke said...

Hey Donelda, you are back !! How are you - i hope you are fine. Great journaling book.

Kay Wallace said...

Hi, Donelda! I just love this journal spread, so glad you played along with the Stampotique challenge this week! Your background is amazing--even if it didn't turned out as you had imagined. Love the turquoise. Sweet image, too, of course! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love how your page turned out; that turquoise rocks! I hope you find plenty of art time in 2014.
BTW I got here via cjs14; it's nice to meet you and read your blog.