Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spicy Hot!


Over at Caardvarks, they are running a great challenge!! It is a Cinco de Mayo challenge. When I read it I remembered that I had bought an awesome package of metallic pepper stickers from Stickopotamus, which would fit with the theme perfectly!!
I matched the colors of peper with some real red and glorious green cardstock. Then, I took the stickers and put them all over a piece of black cardstock. I made sure to hand some over the edge and then cut off the extra. To finish off the card, I added some green Touch Accessories by Pebeo and did some doodling around the oval and the main card.
I also decided to use Beate's great Weekend Sketch Chellenge #47 for my layout inspiration. I really like the layout as it gives lots of room to show off a few different colors, designer paper, or even home-made paper in the middle square. I put my oval quite a bit down from the original layout as I didn't want to cover up any of those awesome peppers!!
After I had taken the photo and was uploading I realized that I did no stamping on it!! Wow, that is rare for me :-)
Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

9 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Looks awesome - and hey wasn't there a challenge on SCS the other week to make a card with no stamping!? You covered that one off too! Well done.

SmilynStef said...

Love how you covered the black cardstock with the sparkly chili peppers ... fabulous hot hot hot card.

Anonymous said...

Really woke me up this am! Love what you did with those colors.

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

YOUR NEW CARD LOOKS "HOT"...LOL

One Creative Life said...

Awesome!

Deb said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love these colours!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I spotted your honorabale mention card with cattails and think it is gorgeous!Should have won!

AmethystCat said...

fun card!