Saturday, February 9, 2008

Beate's weekend sketch challenge #34

A few weeks ago, I was at the office and I saw a mousepad that had an ad on it from an insurance company (or something like that). The image on it was a bright orange (the fruit) sitting on a brown fence with the background being white!! It was amazing!! and I knew it would make a great color combo for a card.

I started out making some background paper using Papertrey Ink stamps. This is one of my favorite things about Nicole's stamps, especially the Borders & Cornders stamps!!

I used the double line orange circle and covered my white cardstock. Then, I filled in the circle with a solid brown circle (found this in the Green Thumb kit). I made sure to off set the brown circle to give it a retro look. I love it!!!

Started out making a card to meet Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #34. That's the card on the left. I really like the focal image. I used the branch from Take a Bough and then, using the 3 dots in the Green Thumb set, I added hanging blossoms in orange. You can't really see it in the photo but I dry embossed around the image using my trusty Pampered Chef scraper and my Fiskars cutter. You just flip your image upside down and crease the paper where you want it. I really like how it finished off a panel. And it is a cheap alternative to nestabilities...for those of us who don't own them...yet!!

The other 2 cards are faily straight forward. The one on the right includes a rivit that says "wish" on it. I was trying to make these cards more masculine so I used binding cord rather than ribbon.

Well, thanks for visiting!! Have a great weekend.

Donelda

4 comments:

Helen said...

That IS a great colour combo - and I really like your cardmaking style!

Anonymous said...

These are cool. Love 'em, and love the DP you made with the stamps!

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR CARD SET YOU HAVE CREATED DONELDA,THE ORANGE,BROWN& WHITE LOOKS YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Donelda, all three cards look wonderful! Love the color combo.
Hugs and smiles